- 3 Cups old fashioned rolled oats (use what ya got)
- 1/4 C whole wheat flour
- 3/4 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 C chopped or sliced nut (i prefer almonds, but you can use pecans, walnuts, ect)
- 1/2 t cinnamon, (i use Saigon cinnamon... so delicious, once you try it you'll never use regular cinnamon again!)
- 1/2 C maple syrup, grade A or B, not the kind you buy for pancakes, but that's where you find it. it's a lot healthier (raw) than the maple syrup like Mrs buttersworth, and spreads the flavor better than honey too.
- 1/3 C coconut oil (again, healthier than other types of oil, and if you haven't noticed, we've been trying to get back to a more "raw" diet... )
- 1 t vanilla (cause really, what DOESN'T vanilla go in ;)
EASY PEASY directions!
- preheat oven to 300 degrees. mix all except syrup, oil and vanilla, in one bowl. in a seperate bowl mix melted coconut oil (it's sometimes solid depending on the temp in your house) syrup and vanilla together then pour over dry mix. Mix well! (you can also add dried fruits, but some in my family don't like it, so i add it after in my own servings)
- spread on parchment paper on cookie sheet. bake 30 minutes. slide parchment paper onto counter to finish drying.
DEVOURstore in air tight container.
Like I said, i love me some good granola, and this was so delicious. We can't keep our hand out of the canister! It was, super fast and easy to make. I love this like i said as a cereal with vanilla almond milk, or with yogurt with or without fruit, or a plain snack.
***updated info: this recipe makes about 12 cups of granola, serving size 1/2 cup and ~ 260 calories/serving.