- 1 1/4 C finely crushed pretzels (i used a little more than 1 1/2 C)
- 6 T butter melted
- 1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk OR (1/2 C HOT water, 1 C sugar, 1 C dry powdered milk, 1 T butter mixed thoroughly in a blender)
- 1 C pureed strawberries
- 1/2 C lime juice
- 1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
- mix crushed pretzels and butter in a 9X13 inch pan
- press firmly into bottom of pan (refrigerate until ready to use)
- in a medium bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT whipped topping and mix well
- gently stir in whipped topping and pour mixture evenly over crust.
- place in freezer (doesn't have to be covered) for at least 6 hours.
- let stand at room temp about 20 minutes before serving
- store leftovers in freezer.
Kids loved this, as did brad... i liked the combination of the sweet with the salty of the pretzels... but still not considering this one of my absolute favorites... a good one for a potluck or taking a family a meal though.
Another Food Storage recipe from Crystal Godfrey's I Can't Believe It's Food Storage.