Every Friday night our family does some variation of pizza and a movie... our kids LOVE it and look forward to it EVERY week! But we were still trying to perfect our homemade crust... until NOW! I got this recipe from a sweet sister who our family just adores, but i don't know where this recipe originally comes from.
- 1 1/3 C warm water
- 1/4 C non-fat dry milk
- 1/2 t salt
- 4 C flour
- 1 T sugar
- 2 T yeast
- 2 T vegetable oil
- additional vegetable oil for pans
- put yeast, sugar, salt and dry milk in a large (2qt) bowl. ad water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for 2 minutes.
- add oil and stir again, add flour and stir until dough forms and four is absorbed, turn out onto a flat surface and knead for 10 minutes. (I just put it all in my kitchen aid and kneaded for about 5-7 minutes.
- Then divide into three balls. in three 9" cake pans, put 3 oz of oil (i used a bit less) and spread it evenly (I also didn't have 3 cake pans so i used on big rectangle pan).
- using a rolling pin, roll out dough to fit your pan(s). place in pan(s). spray dough with cooking spray and cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- cover with sauce, cheese, toppings, a little more cheese. (about 9 oz total cheese)
- pre-heat oven to 475 and bake about 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and outer crust is brown.
this makes a pan pizza crust like at pizza hut... mmmm, one of my favorites!
Make your sauce
- 1 clove garlic, mashed and minced
- 1 t salt
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 t marjoram
- 1/2 t dry basil
- 1/2 t garlic salt
- 1/2 t oregano
- 1 T olive oil
- dash of red pepper (optional)
- mix everything together... makes enough for two pizza recipes!
This made a PERFECT amount for our family of 5. and tasted DELICIOUS!
Like i said, i'm not sure where my friend got the crust recipe... and the sauce recipe I came up with after experimenting with lots of different kinds... enjoy and let me know what you think!